Sunday, May 3, 2009

Sunday in the Park

I went to the game this afternoon. Elmo threw out the first pitch. I couldn't see very well from where I was sitting, but that's what I was told. At first I thought it a very hairy Indian, but I was later corrected. The game itself was fun. Chad Billingsley was packing heat... literally. The game got weird in the second when Joe Torre inserted himself in at third base for one pitch. Tommy Lasorda was sitting on my lap when this happened. I can't explain either incident. Tommy kept farting though. He also had a bloody sock like Curt Schilling, but instead of a sock it was a neck brace. A neck brace similar to one worn in many a sitcom courtroom scene. He said he had "tennis elbow." When I asked him what that meant he barked at me.

The most absurd part of the game came when I arrived and saw that Juan Pierre had started for the third day in a row. Then I saw that Ramon Castro, Brad Ausmus, and Mark Loretta were also in the line-up. This made my brain explode and my thoughts of good ooze out my ears. I think they even traded for Eckstein for an inning.

It was fun though because they won. When I was leaving I got free sliders from Jack in DA' Box. I liked my trip to the game and I will write about my next trip the next time I go. These "from the Park" segments will be my contribution. They will make you want to come (sp?) to the game(s).

1 comment:

PM said...

i'm guessing you were either 6-8 beers deep when you wrote this or experiencing a mushroom induced hallucination.